- Feb 3, 2022
Update :Works as promised.
It turned out again that it is worth to read the readme COMPLETELY before, there is a sentence below :
So, it's not worth reading any further here, unless you enjoy my embarrassmentCaveats
You can only interact with the Plugin Menu via touchscreen.
has anyone here already got it running?
PluginLoader & PowerTools
I installed it following these instructions. the first problem I encountered was that I had to enter a password in the terminal that had never been set.
- Go into the Steam Deck Settings
- Under System -> System Settings toggle Enable Developer Mode
- Scroll the sidebar all the way down and click on Developer
- Under Miscellaneous, enable CEF Remote Debugging
- Click on the STEAM button and select Power -> Switch to Desktop
- Open a terminal and paste the following command into it:
- For users:
- Done! Reboot back into Gaming mode and enjoy your plugins!
- Simply copy the plugin's folder into ~/homebrew/plugins
This can be easily solved by assigning one in the user settings.
Scond problem, the folders /homebrew/plugins are on "Can Only View Content", if I give owner permissions , "Can View & Modify Content", I can put the PowerTools folder in /plugins, but the SteamUI freezes in gamemode as soon as I want to select the plugin. Sleep mode and wake up will make it unfreeze again.
When I go back to the desktop, /homebrew/plugins is on "Can Only View Content".
If I want to give homebrew/ the permission "Can View & Modify Content" with its subfolders, I get the error
Could not modify the ownership of file '/home/deck/homebrew/services/PluginLoader'. You have insufficient access to the file to perform the change
Do you have any suggestions, am I missing something?