- Apr 1, 2022
From what I understand, I need Media Foundation to get it to work, but following the instructions on ProtonDB is throwing up errors for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On step 3, the .exe downloads just fine, but then I get the following error:
- Run game once to create compatdata/462780/pfx.
- Get mf-install (e.g. https://github.com/z0z0z/mf-installcab/archive/master.zip) and decompress it.
- Run command in mf-install directory: PROTON=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton\ 6.3 WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/462780/pfx ./install-mf-64.sh -proton
Warning: About 1GB file from MS site will be downloaded and saved.
- Get Lutris mfplat.dll (e.g. https://lutris.net/files/tools/dll/mfplat/x32/mfplat.dll) and move it to game directory common/Darksiders Warmastered Edition.
- Run game and watch videos.
mediafoundation Traceback (most recent call last): File "installcab.py", line 320, in <module> output_files = extract_from_installer(cabfile, tmpdir, component) File "installcab.py", line 207, in extract_from_installer subprocess.check_output(cmd) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 216, in check_output process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1047, in _execute_child raise child_exception OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory